ACIPHEXRabeprazole comes as a delayed-release (long-acting) tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day for 4 to 8 weeks, but it is sometimes taken for a longer time. When taken for ulcers, rabeprazole should be taken after the morning meal.
|Aciphex 20mg 30 Tablets||$222.30||$0.00||$222.30|
|Aciphex 20mg 60 Tablets||$350.30||$0.00||$350.30|
|Aciphex 20mg 90 Tablets||$512.30||$0.00||$512.30|
ACIPHEX DRUG INGO
Why is this medication prescribed?
Rabeprazole is used to treat conditions where the stomach produces too much acid, including ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.How should this medicine be used?
Rabeprazole comes as a delayed-release (long-acting) tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day for 4 to 8 weeks, but it is sometimes taken for a longer time. When taken for ulcers, rabeprazole should be taken after the morning meal.
Swallow the tablets whole; do not split, chew, or crush them.Other uses for this medicine
This medication may be prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.What special precautions should I follow?
Before taking rabeprazole,
- tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to rabeprazole, lansoprazole (Prevacid), omeprazole (Prilosec), pantoprazole (Protonix), or any other medications.
- tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: cyclosporine (Neoral, Sandimmune), digoxin (Lanoxin), and ketoconazole (Nizoral). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver disease.
- tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking rabeprazole, call your doctor.
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, continue your normal diet.What should I do if I forget a dose?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.What side effects can this medication cause?
Rabeprazole may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- upset stomach
- stomach pain
- dry mouth
- increased or decreased appetite
- muscle or bone pain
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
There may be other side effects from rabeprazole. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.What storage conditions are needed for this medicine?
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.In case of emergency/overdose
In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.What other information should I know?
Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory.
Do not let anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacist any questions you have about refilling your prescription.